SI Dublin 2023 Poster Presentations
Poster Presentations have been routinely included at academic and professional conferences for many years, enabling the outcome of research projects and focused professional activities/initiatives to be shared with delegates. However, this will be a first for a Soroptimist International Convention.
To showcase successful Programme Action* initiatives from all five federations.
*Across the five Federations Programme Work is referred to slightly differently; it may be called Programme or Dream Programme, Programme of Service, Projects or Advocacy , Programme or Project Work or simply Programme Action, all describe the work we carry out that we want to hear about
Who Can Submit?
Posters can be submitted by an individual club, union, region, national association, or country.
One poster may be submitted per club, union, region or national association or country.
The poster must focus on a project that addresses one, or an interrelated cluster, of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). The Project may be one that has been completed or be currently ongoing, with the milestones in the project development and achievements to date to be clearly identified.
CALL FOR POSTERS & SUBMISSION PROCESS
Step 1 - Submission of a Poster Overview
You are asked to submit an overview of your Project/Initiative through a designated submission system.
- Federation name
- Club, region or national association or country.
- Details of a single point of contact for correspondence.
- The title of the project.
- Project start and finish date (if applicable).
- Partner organisation/s (if relevant).
- Project Sustainable Development Goals
- Project overview (250 words) including: project aims, the rational for choosing the project, stages in the project development and project outcomes achieved.
Submission Deadline: 31 July 2022
Scrutiny of Applications
- Each application will be considered by a designated panel to ensure the criteria is met.
- All applications will be informed of the outcome of either, Accepted or Declined, following the scrutiny process
- The decision of the scrutiny panel is final
Acceptance Notification Date: 1 September 2022
Step 2 - Poster Submission
Submission of Posters
- Once your project overview is accepted, you will be asked to submit a pdf poster file for further review.
- All posters will be submitted electronically.
- Each poster must meet the published criteria and be submitted by 31st January 2023.
- Each poster will be examined by a designated panel of senior SI members representing each Federation, to ensure compliance to the specified criteria and 50 posters will be selected for display on boards at the Convention.
- Each of the 50 selected posters must be accompanied at the convention by at least one member of the submitting club, region, national association or country. This person must register and pay to attend the convention and must be available to answer delegate questions at the convention.
- Posters not selected for display will be available for viewing electronically.
- The decision of the Selection Panel is final.
Each Poster must adhere to the following criteria:
- Identify the submitting club, union, region, national association, or country name.
- Identify the federation the submitting club, union, region, national association, or country it belongs to.
- Identify a clear project title.
- State the start date.
- State the finish date (if applicable).
- Identify specific SDG or cluster of SDGs addressed.
- Identify any partner organisation and explain the part played.
- Identify the project aims.
- State the rational for choosing the project.
- Describe the stages in the project development
- State the project outcomes achieved
- Provide supporting materials as part of the poster
Poster Technical Requirements
File Format – PDF (.pdf)
Orientation – Portrait Format – Single Page
Dimensions in Pixel – 1080 (width) x 1536 (height)
Dimensions in cm – 38.1 (width) x 54.2 (height)
Recommended font size – minimum 16pt
Maximum File Size – 10 MB
Page Count – 1 Page
Step 3 - Poster Presenter Convention Registration
- 50 posters will be selected for display in Dublin at the Convention
- You will be asked to produce an A0 size poster to display at the venue. Detailed poster specifications will be provided in January 2023
- Poster presenters will be required to register and pay to attend the convention in order to present their selected poster and must make themselves available at designated times to address delegate queries.
Poster Presenters Registration Deadline: 1 April 2023